Saturday, September 3, 2011

Busy

A mother Hummingbird.  I have one just like her flitting around my red bell flowers.  I haven't seen her nest but she sure is a busy lady.  I love to watch her.  She spends as much time on the lavender colored flowers and the pink petals of the Rose of Sharon.   As I watered yesterday morning before the winds came up, I noticed a huge bumble bee, a huge yellow jacket.   It stayed with me through the watering, it didn't seem to mind the spray of the hose at all.    I keep looking for the garden snake but it hasn't shown up this year.  Daughter Christine arrived last evening so maybe we will have breakfast on the porch this morning. Our summer weather finally arrived and it could not come at a worse time as this is the "Slammen Salmon Derby" week and this kind of weather makes the ocean crazy.   They only caught small salmon yesterday. 
The latest in what to wear!


Now this is the 'money' fairy, and she seems to come around often in an e mail.   I am supposed to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow but so far there has been no rainbow across my skies and there is no sign of  a pot of anything even close to it around these parts.   She is pretty though, a talented artist had a vivid imagination and good use of color.  I like her.  Now if she would find her way here with the pot of gold I'd let her in and even help her carry the pot.    I'd share as there are so many in need.


I haven't sat at a counter like this for many years.   I remember visiting Rhode Island and going into a donut shop with my brother-in-law and his grandson Colin to have a special donut and some hot coffee.   They were taking me to catch a plane home to Virginia. The years have passed by so quickly it seems like only yesterday.   I was just thinking I wouldn't mind having a donut this morning, maybe my girls will bring a buttermilk one over when they come with the Saturday newspaper.   I wonder if telepathy will work . . . my mantra for the next few hours . . . bring donuts....bring donuts......I suppose it would be easier to pick up the telephone and just tell them.  Yuck! What fun is that?....'bring donuts....bring donuts'... that has a nice sound to it.




So today, stop at a bakery and buy some donuts and knock on a friend's door and say good morning and spend a few extra minutes enjoying some wake up time.     My coffee is on, I have left over yogurt cake, and some new chocolate chip cookies, so if you can stand a 'raving' beauty in the early morning hours, the door is open and I have one eye open . . well that's all it takes to pour a cup of coffee.  I'll even get out my paper plates.    We could enjoy some of our special seconds and the conversation would kick in after the second round.     Or maybe you can find  a donut shop in your town that looks just like the one in this picture.   Let me know, as I wouldn't mind sitting on one of those stools enjoying one of those big jelly donuts or is it a creme filled one, a cruller or my favorite cinnamon bun . . . I'm humming "Dream, when your feeling blue.....dream   that's the thing t do...."   I must be hungry so off I go wishing each of you a 'good' day . . . a day of love and laughter.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment