Sunday, September 4, 2011

Far Away In France


One of the delightful things in life is to have a photographer in a family.   We are lucky as there are more than one in ours with a good eye, and the desire to capture the beauty that surrounds them. 
 The pictures on the blog this morning came from France and a lovely young lady named Corrine, called Coco by those who love her, went on a family vacation and has given us a view of her family enjoying a beautiful spot in France.

Pauline is so good about sharing her family with me.    Here you will see her daughter Karen, son-in-law Georges, Alex her grandson and his daughter Alice (Pauline calls Allie) enjoying time out in a lovely summer vacation area in Britney.     Coco, mother of Alice and wife of Alex,  took the pictures and spent some time looking around and has shown us the 'colors' of the area.     There were more pictures but I couldn't put them all on.   

It is fun to see how Allie is growing and changing.    Her grandmother is teaching her to swim.   I can see how brave she is as the one picture of her alone in the water seems to say...."Look at me....I can do it all by myself."    She really is "Daddy's girl".

I thought the picture of Karen with her umbrella was fun as I wondered if the winds came up and it was cold on the beach or was she avoiding getting a sunburn.  

So my thanks to all as I enjoyed the family pictures and thought the scenic ones deserved to be in a travel magazine for everyone to enjoy.    Thanks Coco for a job well done.   


So today, get out your camera.  It is Sunday, a day to go for a walk around your area and snap a few pictures for your upcoming collage or memory books.     Our two days of summer heat has turned to cool again, the salmon are coming in smaller and the crowds around town a lot bigger.    Some friends camping around here said it was very crowded and we could tell that by the traffic pattern as we tried to get around our small town.    Labor Day . . . a weekend to party . . . fish . . . eat and be merry.  I did get my donut yesterday but it turned out to be the old round raspberry sugar coated ones and not bad . . . but . . . that is what I get for passing up the donut bin with its glass doors and trays of 'forbidden' specialties.    Get up, get outside, get those garden chores started or . . . grab your camera and run.   Hugs to all

No comments:

Post a Comment