Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Home in Colorado

Good Tuesday morning.   Labor Day has come and gone, hopefully by the next one  all of our folks will  be working hard and earning a salary to live on.  

My friend Judy got back to Colorado safe and sound.    I didn't hear one complaint about her travels so I would say the plane flew out of Reno without a hitch and now we know flying out at five a.m. is the secret of success.

Judy promised to send some pictures and here are a few of her new revamped back yard.   She did a great job and had I known she had that kind of talent I would have enlisted her aid in moving a few large rocks or two around my yard.  The two seater looks good enough to sit in, lovely shaded area waiting for her to find time to grab a book and go sit for awhile.    It may not get a lot of use though as Judy is one of those high energy bunnies and never stops.  If she has a hammer close by, watch out as she knows how to use it.   She really truly can do anything.   I admire her talents.     As a 'stage' manager for her local thespian group, she uses her imagination and finds props for the plays.  She did a little 'window' shopping while here and visited a couple of our thrift stores but couldn't find a few items on her list.    I am sure she is still looking and will find them and the 'play will go on.'  

At the moment she has a wedding to plan and has a new beautiful mother-of-the bride dress hung and ready to wear.  Her daughter is getting married and they are all going off to a special resort to celebrate.   So hopefully there will be more pictures coming this way and we can all enjoy seeing a beautiful bride and a handsome groom start off a new life we hope will last their lifetime.

An e-mail from daughter Patricia tells me life in the big city isn't all bad.  She finds it crowded and expensive but the dog park proved to be very nice and Emma got out there and got lots of exercise.  She was a big hit and got a lot of attention but then she really is a beauty and just loves everyone.    She is no watch dog and will never be one as she greets everyone with lots of doggy kisses.

 There was a mall to walk around  with shops of every kind.  In one shop there was a lovely blouse with a price tag of over a hundred dollars on sale with twenty percent off . . . and I am sure it is still sitting in the window.    That reminds me I was over in Freddys looking for some new face cloths and there was not one item in the store that was not made in China or some foreign country.   We are a captive audience here and I am appalled to think we do not have the opportunity to choose anymore.  It is way past the time for all of us to  'go with the flow' and wake up and create a little change of our own.  Gee, it's only Tuesday and I am already spouting words of  . . . 'wisdom' . . . that's the word I was looking for.   

So today, when you are shopping look at the labels and find out where things are coming from.    Diane Sawyer, on her program, said we could find American made products . . . well, now is a good time to start looking.     Oh, that new food item, the little apple pie I told you about yesterday, don't bother . . . it is not even close to a home made apple pie even if Marie Calendar says so.      Two bites and it went into the disposal.    So I will stop being lazy and make my own apple pie . . . turn overs are good.     Have some fun today and find a reason to laugh out loud and it is catching, so much better than a cold. . . Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment