Thursday, September 15, 2011

Emd of summer

We had a bit of a moon the other night so I thought I'd take a picture of it.   Our skies are usually foggy so the stars and the moon are a sight to see and I would love a period of time for them to just stay in my sight.   There is a bit of peace and serenity to this picture.  I often talk about the little budgie birds that sit on the wire over the yard and here is a good picture of it.   They line up on the line and wait patiently for me to put some bird food in the feeder but wont fly down until I disappear.  I had hopes of catching some of them sitting around waiting but so far they prove to be a lot smarter than I am.    
The other day I blogged about the yellow grass, well here it is in all its glory.   The bushes are getting a clipping soon.  Chon has not been by as his truck broke down and he knows when he gets to this yard the black bags of clippings are at the ready and he hauls them away.  The honeysuckle on the fence is beginning to look reedy and yellow so it is fading away showing signs of Fall. When we first moved into this house that bush was over the railing of the back porch and was so thick and wild it was unbelievable.  It took some doing to cut it all down and then I got the bright idea to put it over in the corner and hopefully have it grow all along the fence.   As you can see it grew but not very big and I don't think I'll be around to see it cover the fence if it grows as slow as it has been doing.  Of course if I quit clipping it might help things along.





So today, having heard from this master gardener, you know exactly what not to do.   We do have a lot of spiders and big webs this year, isn't that a sign of a hard winter?   I think so.   Well, everyone needs a friend to remind them of the upcoming weather that will keep us close to the fire place . . . wish I had one . . . so find yourself a cozy warm place today and stay there . . . or, if you are lucky and can have a day out to have some fun like I did yesterday, then go for it . . . make your seconds bounce off the life time clock like they know what they are doing.   A reasonable snicker, a guffaw, a smile all help to make your world go around. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment