Friday, September 2, 2011

Little things

Here are the flowers the ladies brought me before they left for Nevada and Colorado.   They look very beautiful in my yard sale art deco vase which has shades of cobalt blue. Flowers make a room come alive.
A tiny bird, a gift, to remember Judy.  It works as I look at and grin remembering Judy and all her tales.
This is the newest candle idea, a wall plug in which, when turned on, melts the candle wax and the delightful scent fills the house.  This one has the scent of Fall with cinnamon and spices.
My African Violet seems to love the counter top area under the sky light.   I love flowers, don't we all, and I try to have house plants but I have a tendency to kill them with kindness.    Daughter Pat has a green thumb and can grow house plants that are big and beautiful.  I should turn this one over to her before I kill it off.   That is a Waterford crystal bowl I found at a thrift store along with some wine glasses in the same pattern.  It was a treasure find as it is a signed piece.    I enjoy its sparkling beauty and once in awhile I grace it with a piece of fruit or two.  It is amazing what some people throw away.   Once, years ago, we had a visitor from Germany who came to visit his sister, a nun, who taught my children in fourth grade.    He told his sister that he could become a millionaire on our waste.   He couldn't believe in how we tossed aside so much.  He should be around to go to the annual yard sales now.    


Here is a picture that is on my refrigerator that makes me smile, abandonment to life, aah, 'rain drops keep falling on my head"   tasting rain drops . . . almost like dancing in the rain.   Try it, bet you'd like it.


So today, Friday already, another month finished and a new one beginning.    I sent my friends a message telling them that they forgot something . . . they brought the Nevada heat with them and left it here as yesterday we had the hottest day we have had in a very long time, up over ninety two, hot winds, and we didn't like it at all.    Well some of us prefer misty fog and rain.    Although I have to admit that sunshine does us a lot more good than harm.  You have a weekend to play in or work if you prefer . . . daughter Christine is coming in today and I have her for a whole weekend before she goes down to the big city and puts in a work week or two.   I am in for a fun weekend and hope you have the same.    Get up, get out, and play.  It it is good for the body and the soul.    Laughter makes you young and alive so fill your seconds with lots of it, and if by chance you have some rain drops, well get out there and 'taste' the rain.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment