Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Judy's Pictures

Here we are, Helen and me.   We don't get to see each other as often as we would like, but rest assured we make the most of the time we have when we do.   We were waiting patiently for the waitress to take our orders.   We went to Pancho's for the fish tacos I brag about and Pat and Maggie found an outside patio table for all of us.   We forgot the ladies were from Nevada where the temperatures have been running in the  high nineties all summer.  They didn't complain, just sat there and shivered.
Daughter Patricia loves to have her picture taken.Here is Emma, just standing there getting petted.   What a face! Rub my tummy!  Don't stop!
Kathy loves dogs, and at home in Nevada she has three of them and a couple of cats.    Here she is telling Emma what a good girls she is and Emma is listening to every word.
Yeah, I do pet her and we have some lovely conversations.
I did find Helen a walking stick but she wasn't up to walking the beach, just stood by and enjoyed looking at the waves come tumbling in.  I use the cane for balance and found it to be needed in the soft sand. 
The ladies were leaving so we had our farewell picture taken by Judy.   They left much too soon to suit me and I hope they have a chance to come back.   They had a long trip back to Nevada, and Judy to Colorado, where they are busy packing for another road trip, Kathy to Disney world and later to Judy's daughter's wedding.  I think Helen has made up her mind to go.  If she doesn't she will be baby sitting six dogs. 
So today, can you believe it it Wednesday already.    My newspaper lady is out having fun so I'll have to borrow my neighbors paper when she is done with it, or hike my bones up to Freddys and get it myself.   Wednesdays paper is always light but it does have a crossword puzzle and a few other mazes and such to do.   My friend Paula sent an e-mail from Arkansas yesterday and all is well.  The triple digit heat has gone and that is a blessing.  She sent a recipe for one of her favorite deserts which she had just enjoyed . . . peaches are out in the market, a bit high priced at a dollar a pound, but that is better than two dollars a pound, or buy a large can of peaches.  1 cup of flour;  1 cup of sugar; 1 cup of milk . . . Combine flour, sugar and milk . . . melt butter.    Put the melted butter in the bottom of your pan, add the peaches on top of it, pour the other combined ingredients on top and bake in a 350 degree oven for forty five to  sixty minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.   Sounds good but fattening....no wonder she likes it.  Try it on a cold stormy day.    I am off to open the other eye, get a cup of coffee and find something to go with it . . . peanut butter toast sounds good to me but I'd rather have the peach cobbler.   Go, make your day a fun one, take a friend to lunch . . . I'm available!     Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment