Sunday, September 11, 2011

Storm Clouds in Arizona

For a minute, when I looked at the pictures Bob and Andrea sent from Arizona, I thought there was a tornado on its way, but it was a real true thunder storm with all the lightening flashes that brought them out to watch the skies tell a story all its own.    Storms can be so exciting but also very fearful.  I was very happy to hear they enjoyed watching the storm but also that they were alive and well.    It only takes one bolt from the blue, so be careful out there.   Our storms seem to be getting more furious as they come by.
This one reminds me of a tornado in the making, ready to set down and do a little mischief, but it was just more of the thunder and lightening that dropped a drip or two on the desert floor.  They do have a lot of flash flooding in Arizona.    I remember driving wheel high through some of the deep water on the highway.
This picture symbolizes friendship, beauty, a peaceful moment with friends watching the sunset over the water.     Of course my sense of fun came into play as I thought of a few of us octogenarians finding our way down to the end of the pier and sitting down . . . but who would help us up?   


So today, it is Sunday all day.    The week has gone by slowly as my chauffeur was not around to drive me around.  I did fine though as my neighbor was more than willing to pitch hit and we had a couple of outings that were fun.    La Verne is a great neighbor who keeps an eye on me.   She and I have developed a good neighbor policy and we do not overstep our bounds but appreciate our friendship and enjoy the fruits of being a good neighbor.   Today she is baking a tart lemon pie and I have been promised a piece of it.  She was going to bake it three days ago but one thing or another got in the way, but today is the day, and my taste buds are at the ready.  I love tart lemon pie.   I shared some of those special pecans I received from Bob and Andrea . . . delicious!   If you have a good neighbor, or even a not so good one, take a moment out to appreciate them, share a dish or a desert and keep harmony and peace in your life.    A hug is good.   Enjoy your Sunday, all day, as it will go by faster than you can imagine and it will be a new work week starting for some and a busy week puttering for others.   Enjoy the seconds that make minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years as you will one day look back and wonder where all those seconds disappeared to . . . long gone leaving a history to be proud of.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment