Saturday, July 9, 2011

Kites

Good Saturday morning     Brookings made it to the Oregon magazine touting the big annual kite festival.   Folks come from miles around to listen to the music and watch the kites soar up into the air and dance to the music.     My friend Marge is waiting patiently for her daughter, Donna, to arrive from California and they will spend the day enjoying the sights and sounds.   I have been once or twice but have not stayed long.   I enjoy the kites themselves but am not a fan of waiting for the next grouping or the next choice to fly.    Usually it is hot and crowded and my old bones do not take sitting on the ground lightly.   Marge has promised to take some pictures for me so I will be able to share them later.

Yesterday must have been a lost day as I forgot to write to my pen pal.   Strange I thought she had not written to me and wondered if she was okay.   Having a pen pal is fun and it is a daily 'chore' but a nice one and I enjoy it as I think Pauline does.    I thought I had written.    I had not as she reminded me when she wrote this morning.    She had a great day out riding around her town and went to a farm called"Sweet Berry Farm" where she found some wonderful fruits and vegetables.   She touted the mango in all its color and said it was so delicious she was going to go and buy more.   Now, I will have to go and see if Freddy's has any as I know they are very good for the digestive system.    Well it got me to thinking about yesterday and what I did do . . . and that was work . . . I dusted, I washed the kitchen floor, I watered the back gardens and weeded a bit, I sat down for lunch with my book and that was the end of me . . . well, you didn't think I'd work all day.

John and Jo made it back to Alaska okay.    It was a long day for them.    Jo's cat Oscar is with them this trip as Jo will spend the summer mending from an operation and still recovering from the ice fall of last winter that really chewed up her legs.   Hopefully she will recuperate and have tales to tell.   I hope the weather stays nice for them and the earth stops shaking.  They have had a couple of 4.0 earthquakes up in that area lately.    As long as I have family in mind this morning, Mike called to say he got in a few days work this month.   There are some huge boulders which have to be removed from the foundation sight and then the crew can get to work and start the framing.   Hopefully it means steady work for the rest of the summer.  It has not been easy with so many out of work and the economy at a standstill.    Christine has been keeping very busy and we certainly were spoiled having her around for a month.    More....more....is all I can say, sure wish she were closer.   And . . . then there is granddaughter Erin who is coming in today and hopefully will spend a week with us.    It makes me smile just to know she is on her way.


So today, make it a good day, and check your memory banks to make sure you haven't forgotten to contact someone you care about as they will never know if you don't tell them.    Share your news, your views, your likes and dislikes and shake a fist or raise your voice in protest when there are real reasons to protest.   Then grab a good book, find a shady nook and enjoy.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment