Saturday, July 23, 2011

What's Up?

Here is our friend Marcia in the pink shirt, out and about with some lady friends having a bit of a lunch and a meeting. Marcia is a lovely lady and a busy one, much like the energy bunny going all the time.   She is a twelve year cancer survivor and you can bet she doesn't let any grass grow under her feet when it comes to ideas on how to help others.   When you want or need something done, what do you do?  You ask a busy lady!
Here is my friend Angie and her son Jason.  They took off for a mini vacation and went to see the Padres play.   Angie and I go back some years as co workers and she was one of the first ladies to conquer the computer and make it sing.    I was not as adept and I can still hear her yelling across the room . . ."Jean, don't push any keys . . .I'll be right there."   and she was to rescue me from losing all of the data with one more key stroke.    I'd like to have her computer smarts, in fact I'd like to have her visit. She threatened to come spend a week with me but so far hasn't made it.
This is Donna, my friend Marge's daughter.  She came up to spend the weekend with her mother and enjoy the annual Kite Festival but the rains came and although they continued to fly the kites in the rain it was just not the same.    Donna and her mother, Marge, decided to go out and about and Marge sent me some pictures to put on the blog and share with you. They drove south and walked the Indian Sands trail.
They stopped at the Redwoods and here is Marge standing beside one of the trees.  Look at the base of that tree . . . amazing Redwoods, well worth a trip to see.
They stopped at the harbor in Eureka.  I bet they stopped in Old Town and had lunch.    I was introduced to a tiny glass coffee press here when son John took me to lunch at one of the restaurants.    I had a panini sandwich for the first time and am now a fan.   Daughter Pat and I drive down for a Costco run and love to go through the shops in Old Town. The thrift store always has a book that cannot be left behind.
Here is Donna standing beside a cave on one of our beaches here in Brookings.    I haven't been to see the cave yet, but Marge has promised to take me over to get a peek at it.  I wonder how deep it is.    I bet you have to get in and out before high tide.
This weekend there is more festivals in town. Marge happened to meet up with one of the pirates down at Sporthaven beach.   She makes beautiful jewelry and is wearing one of her creations.     Leave it to her to find a handsome pirate and get a hug. 

So there were more pictures and I'll save some for another day.   Thanks for the pictures ladies, and thanks for sharing the highlights of your weekend.      It is wonderful to see all of you and the places you did get to.  I see you are all making good use of your seconds and that is the way it should be . . . out and about enjoying family, friends and beautiful 'misty' sunshine.    

So today, the first day of your weekend, look around and see what you can find to do.    Be sure to take your camera with you and send me some pictures.     I'll be happy to share them and you.    I am going to take my camera with me today and see what I can find out and about our town today.    It is going to be a beautiful day which I hope will be filled with surprises.     So have a bright and beautiful day, just like YOU.  Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment