Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Mix

It is all in the timing.   A good photographer can make magic out of taking pictures.   A good photographer can make magic without looking for special effects too.    I am very fortunate in having some talented photographers in my family as you can tell when I post pictures they send.     It is gratifying to see the results of patience and adventuresome spirit so sit back and enjoy what a professional photographer did with his adventure out in the open world.   Composition, or is it competition as the basket ball player enjoys bouncing the moon.   
From framing the moon to another artist with a camera finding a delightful winter moon setting a peaceful and serene setting for us to enjoy.    A walk in that moonlight would have been special, maybe next winter you can go out and look around and see what scenes you can find and shoot a picture or two.

A picture of an active volcano.  Unbelievably beautiful, a word I find sliding of my tongue easily.   The art work is there, all the artist has to do is capture it on canvas.     Pretty awesome and a bit scary to boot.
The moon is a clock . . . well it is in some ways as it comes up in the dark and slides back down before the sun comes up.    It is a magnificent orb that we idolize every night when it comes out.  Sometimes riding down the Sierra mountains we would round a corner of the highway and come across the full harvest moon almost sitting on the top of the mountain peaks, at least it looked that close.   It was huge, enormous and the color of a big pumpkin waiting to be chosen for Halloween.     I also remember a moon or two that shone brightly when I was very young and had no idea what that song "Moonlight Becomes You" was all about;  um . . . wish I hadn't been quite so young.

Another beautiful moonlight scene with snow capped mounds.    Look at the color in the sky, stormy looking and heavy with more snow.    It looks stark and cold but it does have a beauty all its own.   



I am a bit late in getting my blog done this morning.  It is Sunday, grocery shopping day when Pat and I go over to Freddy's and look around to see what we can afford.    We usually buy pretty much the same things each week and have found special labels we can rely on.  The problem is Fred Meyers hikes the price not weekly but daily;  a for instance is yogurt went from sixty-nine cents a small carton to eighty-nine cents   and it comes from our local Tillamook Company right here in Oregon.     Talk about playing politics . . . I wonder if the food chains donate money to the politicians . . . bet they do . . . and I didn't think I did . . . well I think Freddy's makes sure I do.   Well, I wont spoil your Sunday grousing about things I cannot change.  As my little prayer of Serenity says," God grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."   A good idea, so practice that little mantra this week and make all your seconds count in your favor.    Hugs to all

No comments:

Post a Comment