Friday, July 1, 2011

Oops

 I wonder how many blocks before everything hit the ground.    I guess we do have other things on our minds sometimes.
Imagine the traffic tie up on this one.    The closest I ever came to something like this on a highway was one time in Arizona, Pat was driving home and big 'home' on a truck,  with an air conditioner on top, tried to go under the underpass and the air conditioner sheared off and came across the highway right at us.  Pat is an excellent driver and took the right steps to avoid it, but it wasn't fun, another few feet and it would have hit our windshield.
I bet she took a lot of ribbing.

O No, it is not me.....I may be retired but I still have my faculties, or at least I think I do.     But, it is a reason to laugh as it brings back many memories of the old times.    Some things needed changing and the new computers and keyboards are a blessing.   We have grown up and don't even miss the carbon paper, the white out and the old cylinders and the heavy duty typewriters.    Time marches on and that is a good thing when it brings about the new miracles of the information highway.  Now, if they would just slow down for a minute or two and let us old timers catch up.  I'm laughing, by the time I'd catch up there would be an entirely new keyboard and screen to look at, probably something with push buttons  . . . look Ma, no keyboard . . . those new Ipods are touch and move, so it will be interesting to see what the experts come up with next.


So today, Friday, July 1, 2011, a nice long weekend ahead with summer weather to enjoy, so no grousing about heat and humidity especially after waiting so long for summer to come . . . we are still waiting as our sixty degree mornings and almost eighty late afternoons to change to a bit warmer but, believe me, I am not complaining.    Go shopping for the cook out 'stuff';   don't forget the cold beer, kick back and hopefully the holiday will be a super-dooper celebration . . . God Bless America.     Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment