Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Memory and a P.S.

Here is Andrea enjoying a bit of shade as she walked around the pathways of one of the wineries in Napa Valley.   She and her husband Bob (our Sullivan cousins) have been spending vacation time in Napa, California.    They live in Arizona and, if you have been keeping up with the thermostat throughout our country, you know that the heat is 'hotter than hades' so they left one valley to visit another and have been having a ball.   I can't remember how long ago it was since I visited Napa, probably back in the sixties when we lived in Sacramento, California.   The pictures they sent bring back a memory or two as we made several trips to the valley and enjoyed a bit of wine tasting and some spectacular views.    I had a collection of wine glasses from the different wineries and they were quite a grand opening to conversations about the different wineries.    Somewhere close by there are 'mud' baths, something we often talked about trying but never did.   
A fountain , wonder if that is white wine or water?   A good idea if  it is wine and you have a tall glass with a stem.
I wonder what this is.  I'll have to ask Andrea and Bob when they get here.   I will be sharing some time with them soon.  They sent along twenty eight pictures of their day ride.     The pictures are great and the photographer be it Andrea or Bob has a good eye.   So I thank them for the memories and the pictures and a chance to share a day of their vacation with all of you.     Who knows when the opportunity will rise so that you can have a day trip to Napa Valley.   Stop by and pick me up, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.   
Meanwhile, here in the neighborhood, there is good news, in fact terrific news . . .no seagulls flying over, landing on the roof tops, dropping poop all over the place . . . why . . . I went up and visited our new neighbors and had a lovely tour of their home and grounds.   When looking over the back yard and the garage it was the perfect opportunity to bring up seagull poop, yeah, the nasty stuff, and I asked the lady of the house to think about the mess and ask her husband to stop feeding the gulls as they had an entire ocean filled with luscious fish to eat.   It may or may not be legal to feed gulls.   It is illegal to feed our resident deer.  I know they have kind hearts and I know they want to keep the birds and bees healthy and happy but I know they will feel so much better now that they have made their neighbors happy.   I did mention I could schedule a time they could come and clean up the poop . . . maybe that was an incentive, I'll never know.

So today, go about your business of being a good neighbor.   Look around and make sure you are not the cause of someones misery.    Be one of the good guys and smile a lot and remember to do a good deed every day, otherwise how will all those little souls get into heaven, you know the ones who need one more good deed to get through the gate.     Enjoy the day, a summer day, stay cool and calm and make it the best day ever.  Hugs to all.

PS . . . Just heard from Bob and he tells me the little floating house is actually a floating duck house that someone made and donated.   The ducks do come and rest on it.   A lovely little house that looks like the old building that houses the winery.   This, by the way, is the Hop Kiln Winery.  That is a new name for me.  I have never head of it.   I would imagine Napa Valley has changed a lot since the nineteen sixties.   Thanks Bob for the pictures and the information about the little house.   You are a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment