Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Pic

Granddaughter Erin is coming for a visit.   She should be on her way here this morning from her vacation time in Shasta where she has had an opportunity to stay on a house boat for a week.   She should have lots to tell us and I hope she took a lot of pictures.   She is the true photographer in the family and does a terrific job.    Donaleo is with her and we are anxious to meet him for the first time.     They have been an 'item' for some time now and are very happy in their 'relationship', the modern word for going steady.   I don't envy him having to meet 'the family' for the first time, but there are only two of us and that should make it easy for him.    Now, if her uncles were around that might make him a little nervous but they are busy elsewhere and he gets to meet us . . . lucky guy.


Today is shopping day and I have my list ready.    I can hardly wait to see what Fred Meyers prices will be like today.   I am thinking of giving up coffee until they bring the price down.  Paying almost ten dollars for a can of coffee is a bit much, and if I were to buy Yuban it would be almost thirteen dollars for what....39 ounces, now that is over doing it.    Good bread at almost four dollars a loaf, and fresh vegetables and fruits so high they just sit waiting for someone to buy them and get reduced in price when they don't, about the time they are ready to rot.     Aah, the grocers, never taken to task for gouging a captive audience.    Where did I put my soap box???  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, and maybe the moon is made of green cheese.


So today, Sunday, a day of rest and relaxation, enjoy those seconds and make them work in your favor.   Don't go shopping unless you have to, it may spoil your mood for the day.    Be like me, 'grin and bear it' . . . now, you tell one.....smile.     I am off to get ready to shop for groceries for the week but I had better go have some coffee and eat something so I do not shop on an empty stomach . . . I would buy out the store price or no price as I filled the basket with all the goodies I could find.    Go, have your breakfast and make your Sunday a good one.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment