Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ridiculous to Sublime

Remember the rare and beautiful Parrot Flower from Thailand?  
A new political cartoon. It was funny to read but doesn't show up here.   With all that money falling out of the wagon, you get the message.
In case you have been wondering about my fetish for a delicious lunch, here it is in all its glory . . . bagel and lox, um. . . and I've run out of all, guess a walk to Freddy is the offering today.   
Bob and Andy have been spending vacation time in Napa valley and sent this picture along. How beautiful the grapes are and I put in an order for some Napa wines.   They will be here soon for a visit and we are planning a salmon cookout, a beach walk and a few other walks around town.   They have to be introduced to "Sweet Pea Tea Room" and the new pub which supposedly touts the best hamburger in town.   I haven't been there yet and I have touted the bowling alley hamburger as tops.  We will have to go and see.    Chowder at Whaleshead and a walk on the beach.   Maybe a trip to Gold Beach and have lunch at "Rollen in Dough" which has just reopened.   There is a new Bistro there also , so come on you two, quit fooling around in the Napa Valley and head this way.


We had sunshine yesterday, all day, a cool sixty degrees and no wind for a change.   It was a day to work outside in the front gardens and I got out my trusty clippers and whittled the Rose of Sharon bush down about half its size.  I filled one of those big black plastic bags.    Today I will have to go out with the metal rake and see if I can get some of the million buds up out of the rocks.   A good working blower would be nice.    Then I did leave a couple of piles of clippings in the back yard.   I can clip one day but it takes another to get to the picking up.    I remember when....ha.ha...you know what I'm going to say . . . "I used to", well I did once upon a time but those days are gone by the wayside and now it is one small job a day and thankful for being able to do that.   

So today, if you have the day off, get outside and look around your yard.    Put some beer in a flat container and chase the snails away, use a little Pream over the weed area you just cleared for the umpteenth time.   Bend, stoop, and clear all those brown leaves away from the plants, the big green ones with the purple flowers, called something like bougiers . . . nope I cannot spell it right either. . . but they are plentiful and have such gorgeous huge green leaves all year round.  They are also a bit on the invasive side and need to be clipped back to size.     Enjoy your yard, big or small, and if you do not have a garden, add a couple of flower pots filled with something lovely to look at.    I'm off to have my coffee and open the other eye.  Go and enjoy your mid day of the week and find something to laugh about, even a political cartoon.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment