Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Repeat

Good morning.    Do you remember this plane?   The e-mail came around about a year ago, but fun enough to repeat.   It is about Kulula Airlines of South Africa headquartered in Johannesburg  and the clever and unique idea of marking the plane to gain attention, and I would imagine a lot of new passengers.    I received an e-mail yesterday with pictures of the plane with all of its great information about planes . . . I didn't know that is where the black box was located.   See, we learn something new everyday.  The best part of the e-mail was the clever sayings from the crew . . . "no assigned seating people, we're not picking out furniture - find a seat and get in it."  or, how about "There are fifty ways to leave your lover but only four ways out of this plane."  I got a big kick out of this one as the plane was coming to a stop, the passengers heard "Whoe, big fella, whoe."and after a hard landing, "we ask you to remain in your seats until Captain Kangaroo bounces to the terminal."     I think it would be fun to fly on that plane, wouldn't you?


There is not a lot of news this morning that catches our attention with the exception of our President walking out of the meetings setting an example of his leadership.    It would be good to be a bug on the wall and hear the debate about the best way to put America back on its feet.  The blame games isn't getting anyone anywhere.     The scare tactics are something else again.   No social security checks . . . . how about words that say . . . no billions in foreign aid;  bet our debt would get to a zero balance in a hurry.     Aah, politics, almost a bad word now a day.

Having my granddaughter Erin around is one way to make the day brighter.     She was telling me about the last classes and the great job the students did with the signing.   Even her extra class of small children and the signing they learned so quickly showed in her pride telling of their turn on stage.    She has been signed up for another year and is going to have a class room of her own  which shows she is appreciated as a good teacher.   She is, ask me if you don't believe it.

So today, Thursday already, half of July gone and, come to think of it, half of the year gone.   I had to laugh this morning as I got a message from the card folks telling me they have a Christmas in July card.   I thought if I sent any of those out you would all be after me with a club.   As a rule I buy gifts all year long to put away for Christmas and then forget them and sometimes am as surprised as my family would be when I open my big box and see what is in it.   A friend stopped by with a catalog of a new candle that comes in beautiful ceramic holders and a special wax that melts and releases the wonderful aroma of flowers and spices.   Yep, they would make great Christmas gifts, a bit on the pricey side but different and may be worth trying a couple of them.  So, in spite of myself, I am thinking Christmas in July.     Want a catalog?   I can get you one.

Make your day a good one.    Enjoy the rain if it is falling on your gardens.  Here, we are watering. It is cooler than usual and the wind is strong but it really is nothing to complain about.   This weekend we have the annual kite festival so hopefully the winds will stay strong and our skies will be filled with all kinds of kites soaring high in the skies to music.   It is coffee time, join me and raise your cup in a toast to YOU and a beautiful day ahead of you.     Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment