Friday, July 8, 2011

Pics from Bob

Families are fun.  Bob and Andrea are out of the Arizona heat vacationing in Napa Valley in a rented cottage that sounds like a place we would all like to be.   Bob has his camera out and took this picture at Artisa Winery. At first I thought of butterflies but then realized they had to be dragonflies.  How strange and how colorful they are, and what a lovely picture it is.    Our world is filled with strange and beautiful creatures, all moving about just waiting to show us their beauty and all we have to do is stop and look.
Bob has a sense of humor as he sent this picture to add to my blog.   It was meant to be a joke I'm sure, but I think they should activate signs just like these for us seniors, maybe not this many, but a few to lead us to the places we are interested in.  All I can say is 'your day will come' and your memory will show signs of empty spots, you know, like the illusive name of your favorite movie star and it finally comes in the middle of the night, or, your introducing your best friend to another and cannot remember his or her name . . . it happens to the best of us  . . . nope, not Alzheimer but a slight chink in the brain overloaded with years of remembering.     It is sometimes embarrassing but not if you are hanging out with your peers as they often will come up with the name or finish your sentence for you. Octogenarians are good people which is a blessing as there are so many of us.   Thanks for the pictures Bob, don't go out without your camera!


So today, another Friday already, think about taking your camera out and taking some wonderful pictures.   You can send me some anytime as I am always looking for something to add to my blog.   I had a two inch paint brush in hands yesterday and finished the final coat of the porch, you know the one . . . smile!!  It looks pretty good with a color that matches the door.   It doesn't match the colors on the side of the house, but I made a good guess and am satisfied that no one will even offer an opinion as it is now less glaring than the stark white primer that graced it for weeks.    You can be sure if there are any other repairs to be done, I will read the fine print and listen carefully and ask questions before I hire another well meaning contractor with large empty pockets.     I had only one incident that was truly funny as I painted the banister and rails of the steps, sitting comfortably in the early morning light.  It was pleasant and I was really enjoying it and when I finished I forgot to take out a chair to help myself up and there I sat on the bottom step with no place to go.  Octogenarians do not rise up on their own as the muscles have been used beyond their time.  It happens to us all and there is no cure, but a chair or strong arm is always helpful.   All I can say is I am very happy Bob wasn't here with his camera.   Make your seconds count today and you will be closer to your weekend for a bit of rest and relaxation. Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment