Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Old Movies

It is Wednesday, mid week and the matinee begins at two o'clock around here.   I didn't check to see what was playing but was hoping for the new 'last' film of Harry Potter.   Hollywood has come a long way with animation, I can only imagine what they would do with a Tarzan film today,or the Wizard of Oz.   It would be interesting to see.    I have been a movie fan all of my life and, although I do not go out to the theater as much as I used to, I do buy the DVDs and watch the movies from my easy chair.   If I fall asleep no one can give me a little push with their elbow.  For the most part, I do stay awake and I do enjoy a good movie.  I have many rainy day favorites like "A Man For All Seasons", " Amadeus" or a 'period' picture .   Of course, I never turn down a good Western , and there is nothing wrong with a good espionage film.   

So today, I hope this gets you to thinking about a film you want to go and see.    It is a bit more expensive today than in my early years.   We started off with ten cents for our ticket and it went up to twenty-five cents until it hit the dollar mark  . . . today it makes a ten dollar bill look like a one.    I was in shock to find out you had to pay three dollars for a small box of pop corn and over a dollar for a candy bar.   I guess everything has gone up as did the salaries which changed from fifty cents an hourly wage to ten dollars and more.    With the economy in trouble we may see that ten cent movie again.     Call a friend, make a movie date and relax and enjoy.    Save your snack money for a hamburger or a pizza when the show is over and get more for your money.   It is all about having a good time.  Speaking of that, Erin and Donaleo came over to visit with me yesterday and music was the topic of conversation, so I pulled out the old record collection and opened up the old player and we listened to everything from Ragtime to Jazz and Blues.    I have a few original copies of "The Ink Spots", "Neil Diamond", "Eydie Gorme" with one of my favorite blue songs "If He Walked Into My Life", what a voice she has.   There are many other albums and each one brings forth a memory of good living.   It is such fun to play the records and I wonder why I don't do it more often.  Music makes our world go round, so tune in and enjoy some of your favorites today.   Make your seconds count as you sing along with a few memories of your own.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment