Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thoughts

If you are suffering from heat, this picture may cool you down and with the way time flies, you might find yourself thinking holidays . . . well, this week there is a holiday, one with noise and color and spirit as the Fourth of July arrives with all its noise.   The two neighbor Sullivan boys have their fireworks at the ready and the first one they shot off took me by surprise and I did a fancy hop out of my chair to see who got shot.   But, back to the picture, isn't it beautiful, serene and calming?  It came in on an e-mail yesterday that was a keeper, or at least one to share.    It was all about the seasons of our lives, a lovely way to put it, and one we never give much credence to until we give it some thought.


"Life is a gift to you.   The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after."    Well now, there is some food for thought;   I am not sure  I spent the other seasons doing all the things I could have, and should have, but then I am not alone . . . a comforting thought.     We all have regrets, or maybe we don't think of  them as regrets but of opportunities that passed us by when we were busy with more mundane things like raising our families and struggling to survive.   

"You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life . . . so, live good today and say all the things that they appreciate and love you for, all the things that you have done for them in all the years past."
My sense of humor kicks in on that statement as I wonder how many  'words of wisdom' my children will thank me for when I was learning right along with them how to live life.    At least they cannot say they had a dull life.    In fact they may even say they had a good life.

"Yesterday I was young where did the years go?  I know I lived them all."     Well we all know that one as we remember hearing 'thirty !   Thirty is OLD.   or so we thought until we go there.   Then came the forties, good years, energetic years;   fifties, great, no big problems as we feel our mid life crisis is deserved;  sixties, aah, grown up time and all is right with the world;   seventies slow you down a bit but not that much..  Now, I don't have a lot of good news about being an octogenarian, with the exception that if you have been smart enough to take good care of your body it is now giving you your last hurrah and each day is a special day and your seconds do count.

"There are many changes I'm happy to have done in my life time."  And, the biggest one was to accept the changes in myself . . . I grew up . . . I lived . . . I loved . . . and I am learning to forgive, the hardest life lesson of all.  It takes time . . . but winter is sometimes long and in that case, I should be more than ready as I celebrate today, one day as it comes.

So the picture and its words brought about thoughts and deeds.   Maybe today, you will take time to think about the seasons of your life.    Our seconds fly by and there is no time, like the present, to change and start living your life to the best of your ability.     Mend the broken fences.    Share the hugs.    Look for the 'silver lining' because it is there if you search long enough.     Work on forgiveness, that is the big one.    Smile that is the easy one.    Just know you are loved there is an idiot out there that thinks YOU are terrific . . . Me!!! Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment