Thursday, July 28, 2011

P.S. - - - Back from the Fair at Gold Beach . . . First Area

As you paid your three dollars entrance fee, the first sight was an area filled with the most beautiful purple flowers, hydrangeas I believe, and they were worth the price of admission.   I wish mine would grow this big and beautiful in my yard.  I have one bush right by the front door.   Now, if I could talk the resident deer out of nibbling the leaves, maybe I could brag about a plant that would look just like this.
The Quilt show is always amazing.  They have quilts hanging over the upstairs banisters and along all of the walls, on tables, even one up for a raffle prize and I would love to win it.   This one was special as it reminded me of a friend, now passed away, who was one of the best quilt makers I have ever met.   She was telling me about a project she was going to do and described a Japanese lady dressed in gorgeous colors and it was to be her masterpiece.   She was unable to even start as the cancer came and took her before we had a chance to even say the word.    How much we miss her, and how proud we would have been if she had been the maker of this particular quilt.    There were so many beautiful ones, it would be hard to judge one above the other.    I am hoping I have the winning ticket on the raffle one.
I thought this sweater was gorgeous.   I wouldn't mind having it in my wardrobe.   Pat thought it was pretty special too and thought I would look good in it.    It was a piece of art and not for sale.
This was another kind of new art.    I am not sure what the medium is but it was a delight to look at.   A form of jewelry but I have no idea how the artisan went about making it.  It did win a prize.
Here is a tea cup quilt.  I took a picture so daughter Christine could see it.  She is a collector of anything with a spout and these teapots all had good looking ones.   I'd like to make one for her but someone would have to show me how to thread a needle.   I tried once, made one of cats for her . . . made great rags.
I made a new friend today, a delightful lady who rescues dolls.    She and I had a nice conversation about how she came about making doll clothing, but also making dolls from rescuing them from yard sales, bent, dirty, broken and bent.   She had two major operations and was not longer able to work outside her home.   She was staying with a neighbor lady who had an undressed doll on a chair, so she asked if she could dress the doll and it was the start of a new business career and the remarkable ability to repair and dress dolls like you would not believe.    This lovely lady is a jewel and the dolls she is holding are now the property of my daughter Patricia who loves odd and lovely things.  The two Mexican dolls have a personality you wouldn't believe unless you could pick them up and hold them.     They make you smile!
So this is my P.S. today.   A ride to Gold Beach in terrific wind and sunshine.  Old Band music playing making my feet tap and wishing I could get up and do a little dance.    Tomorrow you will have the second half of my wandering through the County Fair and see some of the floral exhibits.   Flowers you have never seen, or at least none that I have.   See you in the morning.    Enjoy the rest of today.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment